Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

[Outreach] Phlebotomy in Practice: MA 01/25/10


I was called into active duty today at the Library as Dr Frimet's 01/25/10 Medical Assisting class required ready and willing arms to prick for phlebotomy practice.

My caveat: I am not overly fond of needles.

The bloodletting technique practiced at EIC is, at least in my relatively untutored opinion, quite excellent (which is to say: painless). I can vouch for this personally as this was the third time I've donated my veins to my students. All under Dr. Frimet's watchful eye and all coming out relatively unscathed (even though I take forever to clot).

I was the tenth person to go under Giselle's needle and I barely felt it. Great job!

Medical Assisting is always looking for ready volunteers. Any current student of EIC interested in volunteering should contact Dr Frimet at the JC campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment